Tuesday, July 24, 2007

2007 NCNCA Masters State Track Championships

92 riders, nearly 300 race entries. Never before has it been that way, or even close. That's nice. Lots of "attaboys" that made it worthwhile to organize the event. The race results can be found here.

The velodrome looked great. Racing went smoothly and I'll fix some things for next time. The criterium riders ventured out and brought their friends and teammates. They raised the level of competition and fun. The potential displayed by the newbies was rejuvenating. The concrete pad was packed with canopies, just like at Nat's, at little ol' Hellyer Park Velodrome. The veterans with their egos secure appreciated the scene.

At the end of the weekend I was exhausted and I also took home an injured rib that got hit when my rear disc broke a bearing mount in a team sprint start. Only 5 weeks to Masters Nat's and I'm not 100%. Max says it's plenty of time. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want express my gratitude and thanks to Warren for an exceptionally well run districts and I think he has now set the bar high for future promoters.

All the best, Rick DeGette